Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Agent Search Stats

78 query letters
Rejections: 35
Requests for partial manuscript submission: 4
Requests for full manuscript submission:15
No responses: 30

Queries and/or full submissions pulled back after offer: 12

3 offers of representation

I realize the numbers don't all add up, but most partial requests resulted in a full submission request, and then some read full submissions and rejected - so they were counted more than once.

I'm pleased to announce that I have officially signed on with Bree Ogden of D4EO Literary Agency.

If you are a writer in search of an agent, my advice to you is this...
1) Have a killer query
2) Be professional
3) Research agents before sending a query so you know who you are asking! Don't ask a romance agent to represent your action/adventure - get the idea?
4) If you are getting NO requests for fulls, at all (!) then there is something wrong with your query
5) Don't give up


No comments:

Post a Comment