Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Mary Lost

Terrible, awful, horrible news out of Minnesota today.
A thirteen year old girl, bullied by classmates, has taken her own life.

I wish there were words I could tell the parents to ease their pain. But there aren't any.
I wish there were words I could give to the bullies, so that they might fully empathize with their victim.  And if they do, I wish I had the words to empathize with them to ease their guilt and shame.

I wish I had been able to talk to this girl, so that she might understand that taking your own life, though it might solve the immediate problem of stopping your emotional pain, it is NOT the only choice.

I feel like I lost a Mary today, and it completely and totally and utterly breaks my heart into a million pieces.

To all those out there that understand this girl's pain, I raise my hand to you in appreciation.
PLEASE - hang in there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/rachel-ehmke-13-year-old-_n_1501143.html?ref=mostpopular

No comments:

Post a Comment